Thursday, August 11, 2011

Set-In-Stone Mobile Detailing Does Not Honor Their Vouchers and LivingSocial.com Does Nothing About It

So about 2 months ago I bought my wife a voucher as a surprise for her just because a voucher to get her car detailed from LivingSocial.com for Set-In-Stone Mobile Detailing.  Once I received the voucher, I contacted them via email because that is how it said to do it in the voucher in order to schedule a time to have them come out and do the service.  They never contacted me back.  A notice went up on their site that they were taking some time to get back to customers due to the demand.  Another notice went up that they had a death in their family and that was delaying some responses.  After multiple email attempts through their form on their website over 2 months, I still heard nothing back.

During this time, I was speaking with LivingSocial.com.  They told me that i was not the only one not hearing back form them.  They said they would also try to contact them.  After months, they also did not hear back from them.

So, what I have learned form this is that Set-In-Stone is not a reputable company and LivingSocial.com does not back their product at all.  They hide behind the merchants and do not make things right when things go wrong.

If anybody else has had issues with these companies, maybe you have some advice.

3 comments:

  1. Found this when trying to find out what to do since I am in the same situation as you. Just wondering what the outcome was for you. Did you ever hear from them? They still have that notice up on their website and it has been months. Thanks!

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never heard from them. I ended up dealing with LivingSocial.com multiple times. They refunded the money that was paid for the voucher. It was kinds of disappointing, but at least they did refund that. I would love to know if Set-in-Stone ever honored any of the vouchers. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the same situation and livingsocial won't refund me the money. I am trying to contact them one more time so that I can get the money back and If it still doesn't work, I will dispute the charges with my credit card company which seems like the best option right now.

    ReplyDelete